Over the years, I’ve written about a variety of different topics, and this writing has appeared in numerous forms including blog posts, emails, and social media posts. My writing “voice” is versatile, and I have a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation.
I’ve had the opportunity to write numerous blog posts for Carely. The purpose of our blog is to highlight current hospice marketing trends and coach those in the industry on social media marketing opportunities. These writing samples exemplify my industry-specific, professional writing abilities.
Written by me:
- 4 Steps to Getting Started on Facebook as a Hospice Organization
- This piece (along with the following two posts) demonstrates my social media marketing competence and its application to a specific industry.
- Reasons Why Your Hospice Organization Should be Using Instagram
- Best Twitter Practices for Your Hospice Organization
- Overcoming the Challenges of Marketing Hospice Care
- I’m 28, And This is Why I’m Completing an Advance Directive
- Recommended Reading: When Breath Becomes Air
Edited by me:
- Two Great Social Media Tools for Hospice Marketing Teams
- An Entrepreneur’s Journey to the AAHPM & HPNA Annual Assembly
- The Annual Assembly Through the Eyes of an #HPMRookie
614now.com//September 2016-March 2017
I love writing about food and community events. The pieces I’ve written for 614now.com, in contrast to my Carely work, convey my conversational and playful writing style.
- Independents Day & Comfest 2016 — A Retrospect from a Columbus Newbie
- Highball 2016 — Spooky but Ultimately Disappointing
- Nina West Saves Christmas, Raises $16,000 for Charity
- 39 Below Frozen Yogurt — Staying Relevant in the Columbus Cold
- Brioso Barista Serves Up Happiness with World Class Latte Art
- Freaks + Leeks Pop-Up at Platform Brewery
- Stadium Virginium Fosters Unity Through 80s Rock-Inspired Show
Social Media Marketing
Moovers and Shakers//Summer 2014-Fall 2015
I primarily served as the Social Media Manager for this Nashville-based food truck. I also worked as a server, which gave me the opportunity to collect and post event information in real-time. Overall, I helped the organization create more engaging, consumer-driven content across all social media platforms with a particular focus on Instagram. I implemented weekly schedule posts (so people knew where to find the truck every week) and focused on creating high-quality image-based posts for both Facebook and Instagram in order to increase engagement and awareness and to promote our delectable ingredients and products.
The following are two examples of Facebook posts I made on behalf of Moovers and Shakers. Example one is promotional in nature and example two supported my overall online branding strategy. Both showcase my ability to create informative and playful audience-geared content.
- Promotional Post//August 12, 2015
“We’ll be heading out to the East Nashville Farmers Market at 2:30. Until then, enjoy this photo of one of this week’s specials—The Cookie Lyon (cookie dough ice cream, Oreos, butterscotch, brown sugar, cinnamon, and French vanilla). She’s sweet, sexy, and definitely badass. #nfta #foodtrucksnash #cookielyon”
- Online Branding//August 24, 2015
“Ah, sea salt. A most beloved ingredient that compliments caramel’s sweetness so perfectly. We’re not ashamed to admit that one of our favorite parts of fall is consuming all the salted caramel products we can. #webasic What’s your favorite way to use/eat sea salt?”
Because Instagram is consumed at a much faster pace than Facebook, I always tried to keep our captions brief but engaging. These examples demonstrate my ability to plan and execute strategic content as well as emulate the brand’s voice. I also made use of relevant hashtags–focusing on words that were popular locally (#foodtrucksnash) and on a larger scale (#foodporn).
- Product Feature
I design all my graphics in Photoshop Elements and InDesign.
I write the copy for and design various promotional materials for Carely. This displays my aptitude for developing and executing strategic, creative brand messages for my organization.
This handout is used to promote our organization to potential partners.
Our partners provides these postcards to patients and families during the patient intake process. This specific version is branded for Hospice of Cincinnati.